Organization: Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority
Date: 08/30/2012 update info
Time: 11:00:00 AM - 9:00:00 PM
Event Cost: Free
Venue: Victorian Square in Sparks,NV
Contact: Best in The West Nugget Rib Cook-off
Saucy, sweet or spicy, spend Labor Day eatin' ribs and all the fixin'sThe Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off is scheduled for Wednesday, Aug. 29 through Monday, Sept. 3, 2012. The annual event draws more than 500,000 people and more than 100 tons of ribs were served last year.
For information call (800) 648-1177 or (775) 356-3300, or visit www.nuggetribcookoff.com
Once again transforming the Labor Day holiday on Victorian Square in downtown Sparks into a must-attend culinary, music, craft, and family end-of-summer affair.
- DATE: Wednesday, August 29–Monday, September 3, 2012
- EVENT HOURS: • Wednesday–Sunday: 11:00am–9:00pm • Monday: 11:00am–5:00pm • Kids' Area is open every day
- RIB VILLAGE HOURS: • Wednesday–Sunday: 4:00–9:00pm • Monday: 12:00–5:00pm
- LOCATION: Victorian Square, Sparks, Nevada on Victorian Avenue, between 14th Street & Pyramid Way.
- PARKING: Surrounding areas of Victorian Square, Sparks, Nevada.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: John Ascuaga's Nugget is the host hotel.
- SHUTTLES: FREE shuttles from Legends at Sparks Marina (pick-up in front of Grimaldi's Pizza), Wednesday-Friday from 5pm to 10:30pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10:30am to 10:30pm.
- RIB COOKERS: 24 from all around the country.
- WEATHER: Typically sunny and hot (~90°F) w/ afternoon winds.
- PETS/ANIMALS: Pets and non-service animals are not permitted on Victorian Square.
- ATTENDANCE: Over 500,000
- ADMISSION: FREE