- Lift fees: $48/adults and $24/child
- Located in South Lake Tahoe near the CA/NV stateline
- Open 7 days/week in summer and winter; limited hours on weekends in the shoulder-seasons
- Heavenly Resort, (775) 586-7000, press 0
Heavenly Gondola transports passengers (8 people per car) 2.4 miles up the mountainside in about 12 minutes.
The gondola makes 2 stops:
- First, at The Deck, a mid-level observation platform (elev. 9123 ft.) featuring plaques that indicate points of interest, such as Mount Tallac and other landmarks on Lake Tahoe and in Carson Valley. At this stop you can get a cup of joe at Cafe Blue or purchase souvenirs at Gondola Sports.
- Second and final stop: at 9136 ft. elev. the gondola provides access to more spectacular views as well as various forms of entertainment. For those interested in relaxing and taking in the sights, Smokehouse Grill offers daily lunches of barbecue faire, and there's a bar offering plenty of libations. For those interested in working up a sweat, take Tamarack Express lift to get to the trailheads of some pretty awesome hikes (take your pick).
Just be sure, before venturing up on Heavenly Gondola, to check weather conditions. The resort will not hesitate to halt service if weather conditions become threatening.
Heavenly Gondola at Heavenly Village in South Lake Tahoe, on Hwy. 50 (just west of the California/Nevada stateline).
Call (775) 586-7000 for more information.
- May 27th - Sept 24th: 9am-5pm
- Adults (18-64): $48
- Seniors (65 plus): $39
- Teens (13-17): $39
- Children (5-12): $24
- Children (4 and younger): FREE
To ride the Tamarack Express Lift, expect to pay an additional $6 fee.
In the summer, the gondola provides access to some spectacular hiking. Some trails right from the gondy:
- Easy: Upper Bonanza Lookout (1 mile roundtrip)
- Moderate: East Peak Lake, elev. 8700 ft. (3.8 miles roundtrip)
- Difficult/Steep: Sky Meadows, elev. 8625 ft. (2.2 miles roundtrip)